Friday, February 15, 2013

Grundy Mud (Villainess Soaps) and Quick Tip

I'm not even sorry.

I try to use a face mask about once every two weeks depending on what my skin is doing. I thought I'd review this one while I enjoy it ON MY FACE. Ahem.

Website claims: 
Clays to cleanse, herbs to nourish and soften, charcoal to detox and essential oils to tone, disinfect and reduce inflammation.
 Healing the very worst of inflamed, acneic, irritated, and infected skin.
Ingredients:
 Montmorillonite (French Green) Clay, Bentonite Clay, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Powder, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal Root) Powder, Lactuca Canadensis (Wild Lettuce) Powder, Petroselinum Crispum (Parsley) Powder, Spirulina (Blue Algae) Powder, Tanacetum Parthenium (Fever-few) Powder, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Powder, Activated Charcoal Powder, Vetiveria Zizanoides (Vetiver) Essential Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Essential Oil, Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Essential Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower (Roman Chamomile) Essential Oil
$12 
2oz

I've had this mask for months. It lasts forever, because it's a powder. You use one teaspoon of powder and one tablespoon of water or toner (I've been using it with a toner) and leave this one for 15 minutes. I think it's a great value for the money since it lasts so long and contains all natural ingredients. 
I don't use this product too often, because my skin is dry and products that are intended for acne tend to dry me out. This one doesn't dry me out as long as I only use it once every two weeks. It leaves my skin feeling very soft and clean, and it helps reduce the size and redness of any active breakouts I may have. It also cleans out the pores which diminishes their appearance. It smells AMAZING. I've had the soap of the scent from this company, and it's my second favorite of the scents I've tried. (My very favorite being Bathory.) 
Villainess Soaps is a very cool company, and I recommend everyone check them out. I really enjoy the theme of the company and find it very interesting.

Quick Tip: If you have the flat "paintbrush" style foundation brushes and you have no use for them, you can use them to apply masks like this one. I find it very useful as it helps spread the product quickly and easily without having to use your hands. 

You can purchase Grundy Mud here.

I hope everyone has a great weekend =)

No comments:

Post a Comment